Will we finally get to ride a dragon in Skyrim? Well, we're still not really sure. But some recently uncovered clues suggest that it might be a possibility.
Bethesda forum memberMardoxx went rummaging through the Skyrim patch 1.8 beta source code and discovered a few filenames and other clues that potentially point towards the next DLC bundle for Bethesda's fantastic RPG.
Though unconfirmed by Bethesda themselves, the mined information appears to infer that the next DLC drop will be called "Dragonborn", and will take place on the island of Solstheim, which sits in the far north of Tamriel, above Morrowind and east of Skyrim. Other locations mentioned include Raven Rock, Miraak Temple, Castle Karstaag, and Telvanni Tower.
Most excitingly, though, the filenames appear to point towards the possibility of some dragon-mounted action, along with some new armour types. Imagine bringing the rain, mage-style, from atop a massive, fire-breathing monstrosity.
Here's the stuff Mardoxx retrieved:
- $Crafting_$DLC2ArmorBonemold BONEMOLD
- $Crafting_$DLC2ArmorChitin CHITIN
- $Crafting_$DLC2ArmorNordic NORDIC
- $Crafting_$DLC2ArmorStalhrim STALHRIM
- $Dragonborn Quests Completed Dragonborn Quests Completed
- $DRAGONBORN_ESMName Dragonborn
- $DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT_PS3 DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT
"There are other things like new creatures and dwemer objects, but they're not that interesting," he wrote. [BethSoft Forums]