Following on from our pleasingly rather successful Twitter competition parties towards the end of last year, we thought we'd shake it up a little bit and try out a similar thing over on our Facebook page TONIGHT. With that in mind we're going to be holding something of a classic gaming night and offering participants to win a bunch of retro-flavoured goodies from t-shirts to rebooted games and rounding things off with a chance to win a handheld console stuffed with SEGA goodness.
Head on over to the Facebook page and hit the like button, make sure your mini-feed is primed and ready, because we're going to be settling in for a nostalgic night of retrotastic reminiscing. As usual though, it'll be BYOB.
Facebook is an altogether different beast to Twitter, but we'll be running things pretty similarly to last time. Every hour, on the hour, Dealspwn will be putting forth a rather broad question designed to spark off a little bit of debate on our wall. Some are a little bit left-field, others might well reignite old rivalries, and all you have to do to stuff your name into the hat is to comment on the competition post. We'll be sparking discussions throughout the night, but you'll know which posts are the important ones as we'll present them like so:
6pm - COMPETITION ROUND 1: If Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter ever got into a bar-room brawl, who'd win?
Make sure your name is on the list and you'll be in with a chance. Here's how the night's going to run, with the general hourly themes regimented below and the relevant prizes in parenthesis:
- 6pm – Street Fighter (Blanka T-shirts)
- 7pm – Worms (Worms: Battle Islands)
- 8pm – Zombies (Zombie T-shirts)
- 9pm – Old School Arcade (Space Invaders T-shirts)
- 10pm – Mario (Super Mario All-Stars 25th Anniversary Ed.)
- 11pm – SEGA (SEGA Ultimate Portable Console)
Just get involved on the competition thread and you'll be in with a chance.
There will be seven winners every round, to be chosen at random and, to add a little bit of incentive, because the prizes for each round are different this time, entrants can participate in all six mini prize draws.
As suggested above, we'll be sparking off mini debates on the main wall throughout the evening too and we actively encourage you to fire off any questions or start some heated old-school debate in the discussions tab as well.
A few house rules:
- One entry per account per question. You’re welcome to compete in all of the question contests and post multiple times as part of the discussion, but you'll only be permitted one entry into each hourly prize draw.
- UK entrants only.
- We’ll be popping messages through to the lucky winners so watch your inboxes!
Put it in your diaries now!