According to a post on se7ensins.com, a list of Black Ops II's multiplayer maps (some of which appear to be based on singleplayer missions) along with descriptions of each level's gameplay experience may have been teased out of the game's beta build. We've got it all below, so continue at your peril.
Once more with feeling: POTENTIAL SPOILERS AHEAD.
- Carrier: “Chinese Supercarrier. Open engagements on the deck, with great close quarter fights through the hull.”
- Cargo: “Port of Singapore. Good for close quarters engagements and verticality.”
- Drone: “Hidden drone facility in the heart of the Mynamar jungles. Great long engagements down the center, fun close quarter fights through the facility.”
- Express: “Los Angeles bullet train station. Good long to medium engagements up and down the bullet train tracks.”
- Hijacked: “Luxurious super yacht. Frantic, yet controlled close quarters engagements.
- Aftermath: “Set in a ruined downtown Los Angeles after an invasion.”
- Meltdown: “Pakistan nuclear power plant. Battle for control of the nuclear cooling tower and the surrounding facilities.”
- Nightclub: “Floating resort in the middle of the Indian Ocean. Tight corners and angles throughout.”
- Overflow: “Peshawar, Pakistan. Great urban engagements in the flooded streets.”
- Raid: “Fight through this hillside mansion, in the Hollywood Hills. Hectic close quarters engagements.”
- Slums: “Run down section of Panama. Great close quarters engagements and tough chokes to fight over.”
- Socotra: “Urban streets of Yemen. Tight alleys and close quarters engagements.”
- Turbine: “Wind farm in the steep hills of Yemen. Fight across the different tiers and angles.”
- Village: “Border town between China and Kyrgyzstan. Classic engagements and destinations to fight over.”
Should we trust this report? Maybe, but it's worth noting that it contains a couple of inconsistencies. The Nuketown 2025 pre-order bonus map isn't mentioned and and the 'Socotra' level was simply known as 'Yemen' at Gamescom. Considering that it's based on beta code, however, these two oddities make sense. We'll find out the truth of the matter on November 13th. [via MP1st]
If accurate, it appears that we'll be in for a pleasingly varied range of different engagements in the multiplayer arena. Thoughts?