Between Bioware's insistence that Mass Effect 3 won't feature any multiplayer elements, and EA's wish for all of their games to feature exactly that, the rumour mill has been thrown into overdrive. The latest batch of multiplayer information comes from a 'secret source' at Middle East Gamers, leaving us unable to do anything but speculate. Here's what we've been told:
- The game will feature a Horde style multiplayer mode with “crap loads” of maps.
- It will also have regular modes such as Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Capture the Flag.
- The Horde mode will have objectives like Capture The Flag, King of the Hill, and simple shoot-to-kill ‘waves’ as well.
- Four-player co-op in Horde mode.
- Maps are “fairly small” but well designed.
- Players can choose from 6 different classes, or use a prebuilt one.
- There will be a level cap of 60.
- Some of the enemies were 'confirmed' as well: Geth, Marauders, Husks, and a new enemy type called Brutes. The source described them as insanely “huge ass”.
- The game will also feature a ‘multiplayer store’. The store will carry upgrades for weapons, etc. and other items.
- Players will be able to buy said upgrades and items by earning in-game money based on their performance in the multiplayer.”
With Gears of War 3's 'Horde 2.0' features now running on major sites around the globe, this all seems suspiciously similar to Epic's multiplayer masterpiece. Whether it's Bioware staying ahead of the times and incorporating all the right things, or whether this 'secret source' is simply taking advantage of the excitement surrounding E3 remains to be seen.
Whether the story is confirmed or debunked, we'll be sure to let you know.