Since launch on the Xbox One, Jago has been the sole free fighter in Killer Instinct with everyone else available to purchase separately. However, Microsoft has just released a patch to replace him with Sabrewulf so players can try a new character free of charge, which could help lapsed gamers return to the fold.
The latest patch also introduces a number of fixes which you can find below courtesy of the game's website. For more information on the game's character bundles, click here. Jon has a review of the game too.
FULL CONTROLLER SUPPORT
- Players will now have access to play regardless of what USB port they plug into.
SAVE DATA FIXES
- Sign-in changes via KINECT will no longer erase save-data
TOASTS OPTION AVAILABLE
- Players will be able to disable toasts from the option menu (under display options)
***KI STORE FIXES***
COLOR #5 PROPERLY UNLOCKS
* NOTE: Players who have accomplished these tasks prior to launch will now be awarded retroactively
TRAINING MODE ICON UNLOCKED
*NOTE: If you have completed all the tasks required to unlock the costume, the TRAINING ICON will retroactively be unlocked.
- Character Select option added to the pause screen of local versus
- Command List corrected and updated
- Game will now pause when the controller for player 2 is removed
- Accessory menu screens updated and patched
- Added access to the MELD from the pause screen
- Replays library will be cleared since executable has been updated to a new version number
- Jago’s equipped accessories now display properly while in dojo mode.
- Privilege check has been moved into the Xbox Live menu so non-gold members can view leaderboards
PARTY INVITES FIXES
- General fixes have been implemented to ensure the proper user-flow for people wanting to play exhibition matches with friends.
- RANK events (Rank-up/Rank-down), display notifications to both players prior to the start of the match.
RANK MATCH UPDATES
- The rank point distribution method has been updated. Please see the chart below for the updated system.
INSTINCT MODE SHADOW COMBOS NOW BREAKABLE
- There were several instances where SHADOW MOVES we’re un-breakable after performing an instinct.-mode cancel With the current fix, SHADOW MOVES will be fully intractable after an instinct-mode cancel.
- Players can now adjust block height during instinct mode activation.
COMBO ENDER FIX
- There were several instances where certain moves labeled as “ENDERS” where unbreakable .
CHARACTER SPECIFIC FIXES
- Jago’s Endokuken is now classified as an OPENER, when used in the beginning of combos.
- Shadow Eclipse now scales properly if used as an OPENER.
- LEVEL-3 eclipse ENDER has been corrected to hit the opponent after performing a JUMPING SLASH
- Category correction for the first (2) hits of ICHI NI SAN.
- Damage scaling correction on UPPER FIRECAT
- Shadow Hail will now have the same hit properties as an OPENER.
- HP /Shadow version of Widow’s bite is now categorized as OPENER.