Sanctum 2 launched yesterday on Steam and XBLA, and the launch trailer makes a convincing case for checking out the trial. Like its predecessor, Sanctum 2 is an FPS/Tower Defence hybrid that rewards tactics as well as twitchy reflexes, but contains "more characters, more enemies, more bosses, more levels, more weapons and more towers."
We've got the new video and a feature list after the break.
SANCTUM 2 KEY FEATURES:
- Tower-Defense – Players can create custom mazes and utilize new towers to prevent the waves of attacking enemies from destroying the oxygen-producing Cores
- First-Person Shooter – Don't just let the towers do everything, jump into the fray, either alone or as part of a squad in four-player co-op multiplayer
- Skye, the original Sanctum defender returns along with three brand new playable characters, Haigen, Sweet, and SiMo– each with their own distinct abilities and enhanced weapons
- Seamless integration of drop-in and drop-out four-player cooperative multiplayer
- 16 maps within four diverse worlds
- Vast Customization and Progression Systems – Players can choose perks such as Adrenaline Rush or up-the-ante by adding ‘Feats of Strength’ such as Titan Slayer where enemies grow stronger and the player’s XP gain increases by 20 percent
- Newly implemented enemy aggro system that makes for challenging and intense encounters
- Extensive DLC content – Exciting levels and expansions coming soon with new challenges and surprises