Sanctum 2's first expansion pack, Road To Elysiom, is now available on Steam for £2.99. For your three quid, you'll net a new player character who reveals dark backstory details, four new maps, extra weapons, towers and perks.
Details and trailer below.
“We’ve packed Road to Elysion with a ton of new stuff,” said Anton Westberg, CEO of Coffee Stain Studios. “Above and beyond the gameplay additions we’ve incorporated into Road to Elysion, the new playable character TSYGAN adds an interesting, darker dimension to Sanctum 2 that I think our fans will love.”
Sanctum 2: Road To Elysion Expansion Pack Key Features:
- New Playable Character - TSYGAN, the “Rogue Insurgent”, reveals the sinister origins to the colonization of LOEK III.
- Diverse Maps – Four new maps with exciting gameplay elements adding refreshing new tactics and replayability.
- Two Mega Powered Weapons – Take hold of the Rapid-firing Gatling Laser & TSYGAN’s own handheld Ballista!
- Two Distinct Towers – The Range Spire dramatically increases the reach of nearby offensive towers and the Slow Field Dispenser dramatically hinders the speed of enemies to make choke points more effective.
- Enhanced Enemies - With new support monsters that heal and mutate the attacking horde and a vicious new aerial enemy boss, players must be prepared for this heightened challenge.
- Additional Perks – Customize your character even more with six new perks, including a perk that gives you an in-game pet robot that will fight for you.
We were exceptionally impressed with Sanctum 2 in our 9/10 review, heralding it as a sensational genre hybrid that blends frenetic FPS action with cerebral tower defence. Road To Elysiom is just the first of many planned expansions, four of which will be available as part of an £8.99 season pass. As always, we'd recommend holding off until you can guarantee that at least two of the DLC packs are worth picking up.