Early Adopters Get Beta Entry, In-Game Bonuses
Innovative modern-day MMO The Secret World is now ready to pre-order, Funcom have announced. As well as receiving a copy at launch, pre-order customers can expect guaranteed access to a series of Beta weekends (featuring persistent characters and experience between sessions) and exclusive in-game content. We've got the full details below.
A series of bolt-on packs allow players to buy some optional extras, such as extra game time and character slots. A lifetime subscription is even included in the top-tier option, though interestingly, Funcom don't seem to be willing to talk price as yet.
We're rather excited about The Secret World, to put it mildly. Funcom are throwing away conventional classes and levels to offer a freeform experience that doesn't resemble anything else on the MMO market, and Carl has exhaustively researched the subject in our The Secret World preview.
Gamers who pre-order The Secret World will receive:
- Guaranteed access to all Beta Weekends starting May 11, with the ability to carry over their characters to every subsequent event
- Guaranteed Early Access to the game, up to four days prior to the game’s official launch
- An exclusive in-game item providing an experience boost to progression
- An exclusive in-game t-shirt featuring a unique monster design
- A powerful pet (Ferocious Wolf, Egyptian Cat or Loyal Hound) to support the player in combat
- A head start on character naming before the game launches