As promised, Maxis have issued a SimCity update that helps to alleviate the woeful traffic congestion. Patch notes below.
Update 1.7 Patch Notes
- Traffic Improvements: Tuned traffic congestion and fixed some intersection traffic issues.
- Traffic improvements: Emergency Vehicles will drive in empty lanes to get around traffic at intersections.
- Traffic improvements: Emergency and Delivery vehicles get priority over regular traffic when leaving garage.
- All units and buildings can now be demolished using the bulldoze tool.
- Performance improvements for low spec systems.
- New Server: Asia 2
Hopefully scenes like this will now be a thing of the past:
Carl finally delivered our verdict on Maxis addictive-yet-flawed simulation yesterday, awarding it 5/10 in its current state. With so many problems still plaguing SimCity, and plenty of controversy surrounding fudged population sizes, weird economy modelling and restricitive city sizes, it's likely that we'll have much to discuss over the coming months.