Bethesda have announced that PC and PS3 fans will be getting Skyrim's Dragonborn DLC early in 2013, following its release on Xbox LIVE tomorrow.
“We’re less than 24 hours away from unleashing Skyrim’s next add-on Dragonborn on Xbox Live," came the rallying cry on the Bethesda Blog. "It’s one of our most ambitious add-ons ever and we’re excited for everyone to play it.
“We’re also happy to announce Dragonborn will be available on PS3 and PC early next year."
Apparently the publisher will also be "sharing more Skyrim news next year”, possibly pointing towards further downloadable produce. Dragonborn got blown wide open by a number of eagle-eyed Reddit-dwellers over the weekend.
TheOuthousers have handily rounded up some of the rumours, and you can check out a whole bunch of spoilerrific material below should you wish:
- The size of Solstheim is about equal to the reach and it does have its own seperate map.
- The map above is from another 'leak' and is said to be similar, but that the markers shown on it are not accurate.
- Location actually discovered by player so far: Raven Rock, Tel Mithryn, Skaal Village, Fort Frostmoth, Ashfallow Citadel, Highpoint Tower, Hrodulf's House, Abandoned Lodge, Kolbjorn Barrow, Bloodskaal Barrow, Vaholok's Tomb, Gyldenhul Barrow, Dwemer Ruines of Nchardak, Kagrumez and Fahlbtharz, Saering's Watch Dragon Lair, Miraak's Temple, and plenty more. Plus 'Last Vigil' location added in Skyrim.
- There is a deathbrand armor that is similar to stolhrim and there are two unique scimitars the player can get by the end of the quest.
- The ability to walk on water is back in potion and enchantment form.
- Camps of werebears seen, though no word on whether player can become one.
- No word on dragon riding yet.
- The glowing dragon armor from the trailer is from the Dragon Aspect shout and can only be used once per day.
- 'The Oghma Infinium is just the beginning', leading into the fact that the Hermaeus Mora speculation is accurate.
- New Player Homes
- The Volcano pictured in the trailer is the Red Mountain and does spew ash constantly.
- A few other details dropped: Delvin Mallory is Sapphire's uncle, Burnt Spriggans, Captain Falx Carius, Gratian Caerellius, King of the Little People, Mind Control, Serpents, Telvani Master Neloth. (Players from back in Morrowind days may recognize more of these details than others)
- Rumored achievements:
- Outlander - Arrive on Solstheim 20 G
- Raven Rock Owner - Own a house in Raven Rock 20 G
- Solstheim Explorer - Discover 30 Locations on the island of Soltheim 30 G
- The Temple of Knowledge - Complete "The Temple of Miraak" 20 G
- The Path of Knowledge - Complete "The Path of Knowledge" 20 G
- At the Summit of Apocrypha - Complete "At the Summit of Apocrypha 40 G
- Hidden Knowledge - Learn the secrets of 5 Black Books 40 G active effects I was talking about earlier
- Stalhrim Crafter - Craft an item out of Stalhrim 20 G
- Dragon Aspect - Learn all 3 words of Dragon Aspect 20 G
- DragonRider - Tame and Ride 5 dragons 20 G
- For mages: A ring that allows resurrected creatures to explode into frost and fire damage when damaged.
- New conjuration spells for the new Ash creatures.
- A new conjuration spell that allows for the summoning of something cool that the poster doesn't want to spoil.
- DLC starts by Cultists of Miraak searching for the 'false' dragonborn (you) and trying to kill you. You backtrack their path to find your way to Solstheim.
- Poster says they are 30 hours in so far and still not done, though also added you could probably rush through in 10 perhaps.
- 5 new shouts: Cyclone (a mini tornado - funny to see), Bend Will (force a dragon to fight with you), Dragon Riding (they haven't gotten to this yet), Dragon Aspect (the glowing armor you see in the trailer) and Battle Fury (like elemental fury, but for NPCs).