Sony Online Entertainment released a statement yesterday thanking their player base for their patience, and reassuring them that they would be committed to compensation, although the service would remain offline - rendering SOE's MMOs rather unplayable - for 'a few more days'.
In light of the recent outage of Sony Online Entertainment's game services due to April's cyber-attack, we are committed to compensating our loyal player base for the inconvenience caused by the data breach and lost game time while we improve our security measures.
We are currently in the process of an extensive upgrade to our network to further protect your information from future attacks. It will likely be at least a few more days before we restore our services.
This follows SOE's announcement on May 2nd of an intrusion into their systems and the theft of 24.6 million customers personal details. SOE also announced that it 'will provide its U.S.-based Station Account holders with complimentary enrollment in an identity theft protection program through Debix', with similar programmes for Station Account holders outside of the States to be announced once formalised.
The compensation packages have been improved in a number of quarters, with special rewards for Lifetime Subscribers. The full compensation details are below:
- DC Universe Online: Batman and Two-Face Inspired Masks and 30 Marks of Distinction
- Free Realms: Free daily items (7 to collect)
- Clone Wars Adventures: Count Dooku v2 Outfit
- EverQuest: A series of events, including Double XP, Double Rare Mob Spawns and Double Faction Gains
- EverQuest II and EverQuest II Extended: A series of events, including Double XP, Double Guild XP, Loot Bonanza, and City Festivals
- Vanguard: Saga of Heroes: A series of Double XP events
- Star Wars Galaxies: Bounty Hunter Statue, a miniature model of Boba Fett's ship, Slave I
- Magic: The Gathering - Tactics: Four of each of these spells: "Ivory Mask", "Duress" and "Angelheart Vial", plus 500 Station Cash
- PoxNora: Limited edition Carrionling, Welcome Back 5K Gold Award Tournaments and two Draft Tournaments, plus 500 Station Cash
Lifetime subscribers will be granted in-game currency as well as the rewards above, 'specifically 20,000 coins for Free Realms, 7,500 Galactic Credits for Clone Wars Adventures and 10 Marks of Distinction for DC Universe Online.