StarDrive, the Kickstarted 4X space strategy game from Zero Sum Games, is leaving beta later today. It'll launch on Steam for £24.99 (a pre-order discount expires in a matter of hours), offering "deep ship design, colonization, diplomacy, research" and all the rampant space bears you can handle. More details below.
"Creating StarDrive has been an incredible journey for me," said Zero Sum's Daniel DiCicco. "I am grateful to everyone who has contributed to this project and to the community who has supported it so well. The release of StarDrive does not mark the end of development. Rather, it marks a new beginning. StarDrive is a living product and we intend to support and expand this game for many years to come. Have fun!"
StarDrive is a space-themed 4X strategy game with a deep ship design, colonization, diplomacy, research, and beautiful 3D graphics designed by new developer Zero Sum Games, which ran a successful Kickstarter campaign back in 2011.
Here's a feature list, because I know you love them:
- Real-time gameplay with a seamless zoom from a grand strategic view to a close-up action view.
- Choose from eight beautifully rendered alien races or design your own; interact, negotiate, and forge allegiances on your way to victory.
- Expand your empire and colonize all kinds of planets, terraform and populate them, and build them into specialized centers of trade or industry.
- Research and unlock an array of technologies to improve your military and industrial capabilities.
- Control your ships with classic real-time strategy commands or jump into the fray by taking direct ‘arcade’ control of any ship in your empire.
- Create your unique ship designs with the modular ship design system and determine your own fate in battle.
- Create custom fleet formations and set rules of engagement in the easy-to-use fleet editor.
- Steal technologies, incite rebellions, or rob your enemies blind with a rich agent-based espionage system.
- Deploy ground troops from orbit to defeat the enemies’ last planetary defenses in ground combat.
- Explore the rich universe that comes alive with random events, remnant elements, hidden treasures, deep space terrors and late-game threats.