12 more games announced, including ex-MS exclusives
Sony are all about indie games these days, and we love it. While the big triple-A titles sit around in the skunkworks, the PS4 is fit to burst from innovative appropriately priced awesomeness, as the once indie-unfriendly publisher now aggressively headhunts developers and lets them do their thing.
It's set to continue, because a dozen more games are headed to the PS4 and Vita, including crazy fencing game Nidhogg, amazing SHMUP Jamestown, crazy platformer Escape Goat 2 and even the definitive version of Skulls Of The Shogun. A real coup, because the fantastic strategy game used to be a Microsoft exclusive.
Anyway, check out the wares after the break - and if you haven't embraced the indie PSN love-in, it's probably about time you did. I'm sure Brendan will find some way to complain about it, though, since they won't cost £40 and feature Hollywood voice talent [not that you're a pretentious indie elitist, eh Jon? - Ed]
- Apotheon - Greek platforming Action RPG
- Nidhogg | Mad 8-bit fencing - 7/10 review
- Skulls of the Shogun: The Bone-a-Fide Edition | Streamlined full-fat strategy - 8/10 review
- Source | Some sort of adventuring platformer
- Chasm | Discord Games' procedurally-generated adventure platformer.
- Jamestown Plus | Outstanding and gorgeous scrolling SHMUP - 8/10 review
- Ironclad Tactics | A strategy CCG that never quite gelled on PC
- Escape Goat 2 | Pretty much the best (goat) game ever
- Axiom Verge (PS4 & Vita) | 'Glitchpunk' MetroidVania platformer
- Spelunky (PS4, PS3 & Vita) | Needs no introduction
- Drifter (PS4 & Vita) | Some sort of top-down space exploration game. Looks mint.
- Starwhal: Just the Tip (PS4 & PS3) | Heh, sounds awesome