Strike Suit Zero, the indie space/mech sim from Born Ready Games and the mechanical designer behind Appleseed, has launched a Kickstarter campaign to raise enough money to stay in development a while longer. Apparently the extra time will allow the project to "reach its full potential."
You can find details on both the game and Kickstarter after the break.
James Brooksby, CEO of Born Ready Games, explains: "Strike Suit Zero is incredibly close to being the game we want it to be, but we've realised that we need a little more time, which means that the budget needed to be increased. We hope that with the help of Kickstarter we can bring Strike Suit Zero to launch as the best space combat title the genre has seen for over a decade, and at the same time connect with space game fans around the world."
Strike Suit Zero is a PC game that offers fast and frantic space-combat, putting you in the middle of massive fleet battles where the fate of Earth relies on your dogfighting skills. You'll take to the cockpit of a powerful transforming craft known as the Strike Suit, where - at the tap of a button - your craft will transform from a traditional fighter, to a hulking suit of space armour. The mechs and ships are designed by Junji Okubo, who worked on Appleseed, Infinite Space and other impressive projects, while Homeworld's Paul Ruskay is on hand to produce the score.
Here's a feature list if you like your facts in itemised form:
- Fast, frantic space combat: you can freely engage multiple enemies, dogfight other pilots, fight massive fleet battles and defend vast structures.
- The Strike Suit: strategically switch from Pursuit Mode (speed and power) to Strike Mode (a powerful, highly maneuverable combat mode)
- Multiple endings: your choices in game - for example, the secondary objectives you choose to complete - directly affect the state of Earth at the end of the game. With multiple endings, preventing Earth’s destruction is your immediate concern but preserving its future is your ultimate goal.
- Capital Ship Destruction: take capital ships apart piece by piece – take out their turrets or target weak-points to blow out entire sections of their superstructure.
- Vibrant and vivid universe: space is far from the dark, featureless void you'd expect. Discover the colour and vibrancy of the Strike Suit universe across 13 unique locations.
- Ship Designs from renowned Mechanical Design engineer Junji Okubo (Appleseed: Ex Machina, Steel Battalion.)
- Music from award-winning sound designer Paul Ruskay (Homeworld) including a collaboration with Japanese singer/songwriter Kokia (Tales of Innocence, Gunslinger Girl: II Teatrino)
Born Ready Games are seeking $100,000, with copies of the game and an exclusive beta amongst the backer rewards. Check out the Kickstarter page here or via the widget below if you want to know more.