Born Ready Games have announced that Patch #3 for Strike Suit Zero is out this week. The latest update will come packing a number of difficulty levels (not to mention the removal of some of the more glaring difficulty spikes in-game), boast universal cockpit view options for all of the ships, and add in checkpoint saves.
Here's the full list of updates:
Implemented the cockpit:
· Cockpit view now uses a 3D cockpit Mesh which we enable/disable when we switch camera modes.
· New settings option to play Suit in third person or first person
· Cockpit uses a small speed shake when boosting
· Cockpit reacts when damaged
· Cockpit has mesh swap for Suit and Strike modes
· Added option to make the cockpit visible or invisible
-Checkpoints now saved during a mission -- The Player can resume missions from the last checkpoint. Restarting a checkpoint will leave you with the flux you had when you started it
· Changing difficulty mid mission requires a restart of the mission
-New difficulty modes added: Easy and Hardcore
· Choose difficulty in mission select
· Score per difficulty uploaded to Leaderboards
· Leaderboards filter updated to reflect new difficulties
-Added message to start of the game first time running with new difficulty options
-Created new Targeting Filter: override the current Select Nearest Objective functionality. Use mouse wheel or back button on pad to change Target from dynamic list of targets, press target button to confirm.
-Mission 7 Difficulty change:
· Increased number of allied fighters+ bombers
· Increased enemy priorities on allied fighters
· Separated enemy AI priorities from strike to player/fighter/bomber
· Reduced the amount enemy fighters will target the player bomber.
-Mission 3 Difficulty changes:
· Increased time to destroy wreckage in final stage
· Removed half the fighter squads and one bomber squad from final stage of the battle
-Mission M8 Difficulty Change:
· Removing one corvette squad + escorts from cruiser group.
-Updated lighting on all missions
-Fixed intensities and colours
-OUTPUT/ASSERT macros to allow output to stay on in distribution without performance hit
-Support for direct input force feedback, edit ForceFeedbackEffect.ffe with DXSDK8 tool fedit.exe to make your own effects.
-Fix for windows 8
-Fixed exit message and added fail message in Mission 4
-Fixing for success scores to match gold medals scores across the board
-Fix for Mission 7 upgrade not unlocking in some circumstances
-Fixed plasma projectiles that were not properly targeting the turret platforms.
-Fix crash with hanging entity bug with multiple entities have same name.
-Decreased the explosion screen flash on the doors in Mission 13
-Fixed subtitles issues with the epilogues
-Fixed bug with turret dead zones
-Bug Fixes in Mission 9
-Moved explosion spawns to their own spawn points, and changed swap delay for the supply cylinders on the fuel platform.
Check out our Strike Suit Zero review here.