BioWare plan to tempt a few more players into Star Wars: The Old Republic this weekend by launching a free trial that runs from this Thursday to next Monday. You'll be able to download and play the trial via the official site once it kicks off at 05:00 GMT tomorrow morning.
There are a few restrictions to be aware of, however, which are the same as the 7 day friends trial extended to existing consumers. Full details below.
- A Trial character cannot exceed level 15. The player will be notified via social center notifications and chat message once they have hit the maximum level for their trial experience.
- A Trial character will only be able to play on their Origin World, Capital World, at the Fleet, a Warzone, and in their first Flashpoint. A message box will appear if a Friends Trial character attempts to go outside these areas.
- A Trial character will not be able to use general chat, trade chat, or PvP chat. The character will only be able to use local chat, group chat, guild chat, whisper and responses to whispers.
- A Trial character will not be able to send or reply to mail from other trial characters. However, your character will be able to receive in-game mail during the trial.
- A Trial character will not be able to us the Galactic Trade Network or trade with other players.
- A Trial character will only be able to level their Crew Skills ranking to 40.
- A Trial character will never gain Legacy XP. The Legacy system allows player to share high-level abilities among different characters on the same account.