GFK Chart Track has provided Eurogamer with a list of the top ten most successful games brands in the UK from 1996 to the present day, in terms of both copies sold and revenue generated.
Drum roll please. Place your bets now.
Top Ten UK Game Brands From 1996-2012, ranked by copies sold
- FIFA (also 1st by revenue)
- Mario (3rd by revenue)
- Call of Duty (2nd by revenue)
- The Sims (5th by revenue)
- Grand Theft Auto (4th by revenue)
- Sonic (8th by revenue)
- Star Wars (6th by revenue)
- Need for Speed (7th by revenue)
- Lego (12th by revenue)
- Pokemon (11th by revenue)
Going by revenue, LEGO and Pokemon would be replaced by WWF/WWE and Pro Evolution Soccer respectively.
Any surprises here?
The original article can be found over at Eurogamer, and is well worth a read for extra details.