Borderlands: The Handsome Collection releases next week on PS4 and Xbox One, and we're looking forward to trying out its new 4-player splitscreen multiplayer and testing out the enhanced graphics. It contains both Borderlands 2, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and loads of DLC, brought up to date with a graphical update.
However, as a little sweetener to get you off the fence, you can also transfer your save files across from last-generation consoles. How? Find out below.
Gearbox are about to deploy a new title update for Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-sequel to allow cloud and cross-saving. Once that's deployed, follow the instructions below:
- Ensure all versions of the games are up to date with the latest patch (old-gen and new-gen) and you are connected to PlayStation Network or Xbox Live
- From the main menu of the PS3 or Xbox 360 versions of BL2 or BL:TPS, choose the “Cross Save” (PlayStation consoles) or “Cloud Save” (Xbox consoles), then “Upload Save” function
- Once the save has been uploaded, choose “Cross Save” or “Cloud Save” then “Download Save” from the main menu of the PS4 / Xbox One Handsome Collection game for which you’re downloading the save
There are few caveats though:
- The Xbox family of systems can only move saves from Xbox 360 to Xbox One and not the other way around
- The PlayStation family of systems can upload / download saves from any system to any other PlayStation system. Think of PS3 / PS4 / PSV as a triangle, and saves can move in any direction (Vita saves are only applicable to BL2 and not BL:TPS)
- Uploading a save does not remove it from the original system, it only creates a copy of the save on the network
- Players will need the day 1 patch for the Handsome Collection in order to download saves
- Players will also need the most recent patch installed for PS3 / Xbox 360 in order to upload saves
Did you get that? Borderlands: The Handsome Collection is out March 24th, so stay tuned for more coverage and launch deals.