Trials Evolution will be receiving a major title update tomorrow, designed to address stability, leaderboard problems, Track Central issues and skill game balance. Hooray! However, shortly after the update hits, all multiplayer leaderboards are being wiped. Hoo...huh? Full details and patch notes below.
RedLynx announced the Trials Evolution update on the official forums, revealing that it will hit at 10am tomorrow. The decision to reset the multiplayer leaderboards was apparently taken to ensure a smooth and fair transition to a new, more stable system... though fear not, your singleplayer stats and leaderboards will not be affected. Since the compelling asynchronous competition will remain intact, most of us will probably be able to take the multiplayer leaderboard wipe on the chin.
We apologise for the multiplayer leaderboard reset. However, this step was deemed necessary to ensure the best multiplayer experience for all players.
Because this multiplayer leaderboard reset will take place after the Title Update, we advise you not to play multiplayer matches for at least four to six hours after you receive the update, in order to avoid having your data purged by the reset or accidentally matching up with a non-updated player.
Here are the patch notes:
- Multiplayer Leaderboard writing issues - addressed a number of situations where proper scores were not being recorded to MP Leaderboards or rank was being reset
- Multiplayer Stability issues - addressed a number of issues, including viewing Gamer Cards, Party play functionality, response time of multiplayer matchmaking, and situations where the game would occasionally lock or hang during multiplayer
- General Stability - we have addressed some issues affecting general stability and random lockups. If you find new issues related to this, please report them to this thread
- Editor issues - a number of issues in the editor were addressed, including enforcing a 22 checkpoint limit and some issues around the event trigger system
- Scoring issues - a rare issue where track times were calculated incorrectly at the finish line has been addressed
- Track Central - a number of issues were addressed, including track sorting issues, lockups when viewing Player-Created Track Leaderboards, and searching tracks by the "Ninja" difficulty tag
- Skill Games - adjustments have been made to Icarus Factor, Exploding Man, Out of Gas, and Balls of Steel skill games to eliminate scoring loopholes
In case you don't already know, the physics-based motocross title is one of the best downloadable games of the year thus far, scoring a whopping 9/10 in our Trials Evolution Review. If you've got an Xbox 360, you should probably get on it.