Will Be Updated With "Real Life Storylines"
Interesting news, sports fans. EA intends to launch the official UEFA Euro 2012 game as a downloadable expansion pack for FIFA 12, suggesting that they have heeded the call to stop releasing quite so many sports games over the course of a year.
The hefty DLC is set to release on 24th April in Europe (we get it first, which is only fair), retailing at £15.99 on PC and PSN. I'd estimate a 1600 MSP price bracket on Xbox Live but we'll wait for an official confirmation.
For your sixteen quid, you'll get all 53 international teams, all the stadia, and all the "pageantry" that such a major international event deserves. Impressively, EA also promise that a live update system will continually add new "real life storylines" to the proceedings as the competition unfolds.
As well as the aforementioned content, UEFA Euro 2012 will debut a new Expedition Mode that challenges players to create, build up, manage and eventually play as their chosen European team. We don't yet know if you can draft anyone into your fantasy team or whether it's nation-specific, but apparently your captain can be your own Virtual Pro.
Again, this is a seriously intriguing turn of events. Are EA testing a new approach to their annual sports lineup? All we know is that we'd rather spend £15.99 than £39.99.
- Win UEFA EURO 2012™ — Compete with any of the 53 UEFA member national teams against rival nations in the official tournament and lead them to glory. Play in all 8 official stadiums that come to life with the pageantry and festivity of the real-world tournament in Poland-Ukraine.
- Play UEFA EURO 2012™ Online — Compete for national pride and glory in the UEFA EURO 2012™ online tournament. Play as your favourite European nation against rivals in the group stage through the knockout rounds for the chance to be crowned UEFA EURO 2012™ champion.
- EA SPORTS Football Club Challenges — A live service that drives real-world story lines into the game, enabling fans to relive moments from qualifying and the real-world tournament through scenario-based challenges. The live service will deliver challenges during UEFA EURO 2012™, giving fans the chance to change history. Challenges will enable fans to earn experience points and level up their EA SPORTS Football Club profile.
- Dominate Europe – Build, manage and compete with a customized squad against other European nations in the all-new Expedition Mode. Start with your favourite European player or FIFA 12 Virtual Pro as the captain, and then craft the perfect strategy for European domination. Earn better players from defeated nations as you travel the continent to build your squad. Unlock and then defeat the best nations to earn the best players in your campaign quest to defeat all 53 countries and complete the journey to conquer Europe.
- Spectacular Presentation: UEFA EURO 2012™ comes to life in spectacular fashion with all the emotion and pageantry of the official tournament, including all 8 official licensed stadia. The atmosphere comes to life with confetti cannons, streamers, flags and fireworks as if you were on the pitch in Poland or the Ukraine.
- Awarding-Winning Gameplay— UEFA EURO 2012™ is an expansion to the award-winning FIFA 12. The official videogame of UEFA EURO 2012™ is powered by the Player Impact Engine, and revolutionary gameplay innovations like Precision Dribbling, Tactical Defending, and Pro Player Intelligence.