Warframe is still powering through its PC soft launch ahead of its PS4 release, offering another update with new frames, sentinel allies, bosses, weapons and tweaks. If you've yet to try it, be aware that Warframe is all about being awesome cooperative space ninjas - for free. Not the worst pitch I've ever heard, frankly.
Patch details and video below.
Two new Warframes (suits) are the flagship new additions, namely Nekros and Mag Prime. As the name suggests, Nekros can manipulate corpses and do other vaguely sinister things, though Mag Prime is effectively an upgrade of the existing Mag Warframe that focuses on magnetic skills and crushing enemies with unstoppable force.
Here's the rest of the patch notes:
- New sentinel : The “carrier” has the ability to detect and collect items -including mods – throughout the room for its master.
- New tileset: Orokin derelict spacecraft – ancient vessels dead and drifting through space. relics of the orokin age.
- New boss: Located in the orokin derelict, infested golem awaits!
- expanded level – the grineer settlement has been expanded with even more exciting gameplay.
- New clan research: Three new infested weapons – including a primary, secondary and melee – to be crafted using a new component!
- New weapons: Ether scythe, tenno assualt rifle, plus new prime weapons — boar prime and dakka prime.
- 18 new mod cards: New glaive mods add puncture, flight speed and rebound + and -, the energy life mod drains any remaining energy on death and converts, finishing touch mod increases damage to knocked down enemies and the spare parts mod offers the chance to spawn a rare resource when a sentinel dies, to name just a few!
- Updates and new accessories for the clan dojo – including a zen garden vanity room as well as new zen garden, statue and drum decorations.
Update 10 is available Stateside, but will deploy in Europe tomorrow by the looks of the client. I've been playing this for a while - if you want some impressions or previews, clamour and I'll see what I can rustle up. Otherwise, it's F2P, so you can just try it for yourself.