"Warlocks Don't Do Auto-Resolving Battles"
Hex-based grand strategy game Warlock: Master Of The Arcane will receive a sequel next year, Paradox Interactive announced today. Warlock 2: The Exiled will "challenge strategic sorcerers and megalomaniacal mages to conquer Ardania in an all-out war of cunning, combat, diplomacy, and excessively enormous fireballs," - at least according to a reveal trailer that riffs on Fallout in all the right ways.
Check it out below, along with more details.
Warlock 2 returns to the Ardania setting, a fantasy realm linked by extraplanar portals that can't go a single week without being conquered. Exiled to a shard from a shattered world, players battle for domination and territory against fellow exiled mages and their hordes creatures. "Wield ancient magic, summon even more terrifying creatures, wage constant war where every decision is crucial (warlocks don't do auto-resolving battles), and discover just who possesses the greatest balls of fire in a turn-based strategy game that offers no surrender or retreat," commands the press release, which we'll take under advisement.
Warlock 2: The Exiled features:
- The Never-ending Gory – The battle for Ardania is constant, merciless, and challenging: your claim to the land will be tested with battles across the world map where each fight is worthy of your personal attention; you're not called a WAR-lock for nothing
- Spelling Counts – Over 150 spells to add to your tome, allowing command over powerful enchantments, nasty hexes, and elemental forces
- A Crass Menagerie – Hundreds of different mythical and magical beasts to deploy on the battlefield with distinct tactical uses, from giant rats and dwarven prospectors to werewolves with hats on them
- Friendship is Magic – A multi-player experience as robust as the single-player experience, including PvP, Co-op PvE, and every combination in between
- Warlock 2: The Playstyles – Fight your way through the shards to reclaim Ardania in new ‘Exile’ mode, or relive the classic gameplay of ‘Master of the Arcane’ mode with new features from the sequel
Warlock 2: The Exiled has been dated for Spring 2014 on PC. More as we hear it.