The Witcher 3 will not be receiving any free DLC this week, but it will be getting a massive update packed with new features and fixes.
Here's a sample of the slightly inscrutable patch notes.
- A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt.
Wait, what? I... what?
Okay, let's leave that one and move swiftly on.
- A player stash for storing items, available in various locations throughout the game. Stash locations are marked on the player's map.
- Crafting and alchemy components no longer add to the overall inventory weight.
- Books are now placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read are properly grayed out.
- Multiple sorting options are now available in the Inventory.
- Alchemy formulas and crafting diagrams can be "pinned", meaning all components and ingredients required to make them will be conveniently marked in the Shop panel.
- Dozens of fixes for quest related issues, both major and minor.
- A few performance enhancements, including the optimization of FX, scenes and general gameplay.
- Various improvements to horse behavior.
Now we're talking. From a smarter Roach to quest fixes, better optimisation and a player stash to keep our gear tidy, it really is an impressive bit of patch.