Microsoft has announced a new promotion for Xbox Live Rewards members. The Triple Play Scheme offers 300 free Microsoft Points to players who take part in three out of a selection of different objectives, which include playing online and/or using an entertainment app for ten hours, logging into Facebook via the Xbox 360 app for one hour, or spending points on software. You'll have to choose one activity from each of the three categories: Gaming, Entertainment and Social.
You'll also have to sign up to Xbox Live Rewards to participate - and getting your free points will be easy if you already frequently use the service. Just watch some BBC iPlayer, buy an Xbox Live Arcade game (Sine Mora is a fine choice) and log into Facebook for a while, and bob's your uncle. We've got the details below.
Choose one from each category. Offer expires at the end of April.
- Play a Kinect game for two hours
- Play online via Xbox Live for 10 hours
- Spend 800 Points or more on game-related items (Games on Demand, DLC, XBLA, etc.)
- Spend 400 Points or more on any film or TV content
- Use one of the following apps for 10 hours: BBC iPlayer, blinkbox, Crackle, Last.FM, LOVEFiLM, MUZU, Netflix, Sky, VEVO or Zune
- Use Facebook on Xbox Live for one hour
- Use YouTube on Xbox Live for one hour
- Use Video Kinect on Xbox Live for one hour