Zeboyd Games, the indie outfit behind the latter Penny Arcade Adventures and Cthulhu Save The World, are seeking $100,000 to create their biggest RPG yet. Cosmic Star Heroine is inspired by Chrono Trigger, Phantasy Star and Suikoden - promising to bring a mix of nostalgia and rebuilt combat to PC, PS4 and Vita next year.
Alyssa L’Salle is one of the galactic government’s top agents and always manages to save the day! But when she accidentally uncovers a dark conspiracy, her own government outs her as a legendary spy and the people’s champion! Sure, now she has hordes of adoring fans but every villainous organization she’s ever crossed in her career knows who she is and is out for her blood! Can she save the day once more while she faces her greatest challenge… Everyone!?
- Good old-fashioned classic turn-based RPG!
- Save anywhere! Minimal grinding (unless you want to)!
- Brisk pacing that respects your time!
- No separate battle screen! Battles take place directly in the dungeons & areas that you explore!
- 2D visual style straight from the height of gaming's 16-bit era!
- Animated cutscenes reminiscent of the Sega CD & Turbo Duo era!
- Soundtrack by Hyperduck (Dust: An Elysian Tail, Precipice of Darkness 4) inspired by the genre greats!
- Multi-character combo techniques!
- Intricately designed encounters make each new battle its own challenge!
- Your own spy headquarters! Recruit new agents to help it grow!
Zeboyd's past form is phenomental, including Cthulhu Saves The World, Penny Arcade Episode 3 and Episode 4. As an outspoken critic of stretch goals and 'feature bloat,' founder Robert Boyd won't introduce stretch goals to the project, but is actively looking at [email protected] for another potential release platform.
It's also worth noting that Cosmic Star Heroine will feature a soundtrack by Hyperduck Soundworks, who are exceptional.
Cosmic Star Heroine seeks $100,000 over the coming month, and has already raised nearly half that amount in just 24 hours. Check out the full pitch here.