Zen Pinball 2 will be available to download on PS3 and PS Vita from September 4th, Zen Studios has announced. Which basically means September 5th here in Europe. Unlike previous Zen Pinball games, it will act as a free-to-download content platform, from which you can purchase and play any combination of 26 new tables including Marvel and PopCap themes. Any content you buy on the PS3 or Vita will be compatible with both consoles (you'll essentially get both versions for the price of one), and original Zen Pinball content will also be supported.
Zen Pinball 2 will also contain some online functionality, new trophies and other features - we've got the full details below.
"We are so excited about the future of videogame pinball, and Zen Pinball 2 is the most advanced pinball platform available on any digital network. We are happy to upgrade physics, provide new trophies and introduce compelling new social features and more to all of our existing players at no charge,” said Mel Kirk, Zen Studios Vice President of Marketing and Public Relations. “We have really focused on keeping the community intact, offering compelling new features and connecting the cross-platform experience between the PlayStation 3 and the PlayStation Vita.”
When Zen Pinball 2 releases, existing Zen Pinball and Marvel Pinball owners will simply download an update and their content will automatically import into the new Zen Pinball 2 platform. Each table will receive updated physics, new trophies and integration into a new social system that includes the option to post scores to Facebook.
Zen Pinball 2 list of features:
- PlayStation®3 system and PlayStation®Vita system cross-platform entitlement including shared global leaderboards, online friend challenges and tournaments
- The most advanced ball physics simulation to date
- Zen Pinball 2 will launch with twenty-six tables!
- Compete against other players to achieve the highest ProScore™, and team up with your friends to increase your TeamScore™
- Exceptional visuals in full 3D on 3D compatible TV sets
- Free, fully playable demos for all available tables
- Exciting multiplayer modes, including local split-screen and hotseat multiplayer, online, and worldwide tournaments
- New tables released regularly through the PlayStation®Store
- Share your scores on Facebook
- New rule sheets to help you achieve higher scores
- New trophies for each table